The lockdown facility allows you to restrict access to certain areas of your site to registered users, and encourage visitors to register in order to see them.
To access it, take the following steps:
- Login as an administrator.
- Go to admin area - Click the link in the header or footer for Admin, or Administration, or add /admin to the end of your website URL in your web browser's address bar.
- Click Content Management
- Click Lockdown Settings
- You will have a set of options here including:
- Message - This is the message that will be displayed to users when they visit a locked-down area e.g. "Sorry, but this content is only available to registered users. Please either login or register."
- Message placement -Choose whether the message appears at the top of the page, or in line with your teaser.
- Weight - This determines where the message appears on a node.
- Select types to lock down and Select terms to lock down - This is where you can specify the type of content you wish to restrict on your website. You can hold down the CTRL key and click multiple types if you wish. However, there is an "AND" relationship between types and terms and therefore selecting a type of "Guide" and a term of "Banks" will lock down content which fulfils both of these criteria.