Add a video using the Media icon in the WYSIWYG - YouTube, HTML5, Flash
You are most likely to use the Media icon to embed YouTube videos onto your site. However, you can use it for other video such as HTML5 and Flash.
Before you start, you need to obtain the YouTube embed code or any other code you wish to embed.
Note: If you have any problems inserting Media in Internet Explorer 9 or 10, please try it in a different browser such as Chrome.
- Login with your admin login.
- Navigate to the page where you would like to insert the Video
- Click on the Edit tab
- Place your cursor within the WYSIWYG where you would like to insert the video.
- Click on the Media icon . You will see a pop-up window.
- Click on the tab for Source.
- Paste in the YouTube HTML5 or Flash embed code.
- Click on the General Tab in the pop-up window. This will populate from the embed code that you have just pasted in.
- Click Insert. Please note that the code will be inserted but you will see a yellow box instead of the video.
- Save your page and you will see the live page with the video embedded.
You can turn off suggested videos by adding ?rel=0 to the URL, or by unchecking the checkbox - "Show suggested videos when the video finishes"
YouTube embed code
Please be aware that although these instructions are correct at the time of writing, YouTube can change their site at any time.
- Go to YouTube and find the video that you would like to add to your site.
- Underneath the video, click on the Share tab. You will see various options.
- Click on the Embed tab. You will see the Embed code which will already by highlighted to copy.
- Copy the code and embed it using the Media icon in the WYSIWYG.